Wildfire Assistance Program in Los Angeles
Get Priority Service Once Evacuations Lift
Here is why you should sign up for our Priority Customer Program today:
- When evacuation orders lift, there will be a flood of people entering their homes only to find it in an unlivable condition. The property and indoor air quality need to be cleaned properly.
- You don’t want to wait 3-6 weeks until you can get a restoration company out to your property. Every company will be busy taking care of their priority clients. You need to be on that list.
- Smoke and soot inside your home can cause major health problems. Regular cleaning will not clean the air quality inside your home. You will need to circulate and clean the air inside your home with industrial air scrubbers, especially if you have small children or older adults in the home.
Our Wildfire Assistance Program
Step 1: Call Us for a Free Consultation
Homeowners are lost and distraught by the devastation of the wildfires in California. Not knowing what the next steps are is normal. That is why we assist you in getting your life and home back to normalcy.
Step 2: Develop a Plan
Our team of experts will assist you in developing a plan of action. Whether you need to file a claim or if your situation is best suited to handle without insurance, we can help you with an expert set of eyes. We can do a walk through, or even a virtual walk through, of your property.
Step 3: Start of Restoration
Our fire damage certified technicians will carry your project to completion with a developed plan. Our team will clean and repair any fire or smoke damage on the property so you can return home as soon as possible.
Did you know that only 28% of people really need to file a claim? We do a full evaluation and help you determine if you need to file a claim. We offer direct billing to your insurance company in most cases.
Schedule a Virtual Walkthrough or Video Consultation
Allied Restoration Services Inc. is offering video consultations to assist in social distancing and reducing the spread of COVID-19.
Our crews will always show up in Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), but as an extra precaution, we offer video consultations to expedite the inspections and get you the help you need, when you need it.
Return Home Once Evacuation Lifts with a Plan of Action
Smoke damage remediation requires detailed cleaning for all horizontal surfaces in the interior and exterior area. The cleaning will consist of a complete wipe-down of all surfaces and followed up by cleaning the air with HEPA air scrubbers. The smoke odor will get filtered through the HEPA air scrubbers by eliminating the smoke particulates.
If your house is uninhabitable due to smoke odor and ash, you may want to get a professional to help with the poor air quality. Once the smoke particulates have entered your home through windows, vents, or air conditioning systems, they are not going anywhere and opening your windows will only bring in more smoke contaminated air.
Your first instinct may be to clean your home, but please document and take pictures before you start cleaning. By properly documenting the damages, your insurance claim will have a higher chance of approval and damages can be covered.
If you had to rent a hotel or temporary housing after being evacuated, or due to the smoke odor or damage, you should be eligible to have the insurance reimburse all additional expenses (including any added costs of eating out) if you save the receipts and properly document. Dry cleaning of your clothing and cleaning of your personal property can also be covered or reimbursed.
Allied Restoration Services Inc. specializes in fire damage cleanups, repairs, and full restoration so your damaged property can be returned to normal. We are able to deodorize and clean all areas inside your house with HEPA air scrubbers and vacuum. Best of all, insurance typically covers these damages due to wildfire.
Smoke Damage, Deodorizing, Odor Removal, and Cleaning Service
Smoke damage requires specialized cleanup services by professionals that can clean every surface of your property. Allied Restoration Services Inc. mastered every step of the smoke damage restoration process to service our clients quickly and efficiently.
We handle every step, from smoke cleanups, to smoke deodorizing, to properly restore your property.
- Exterior soot and ash removal services (i.e. cleaning soot off walls and roofs). We use pressure washers to get soot and ash off walls and roofs for exterior cleaning.
- Interior fire and smoke odor removal. We clean every horizontal surface in the interior of the property. Our team wipes down and cleans every inch of interior surface. We use HEPA air scrubbers to clean the air within the interiors to remove any odor in the air. Services include cigarette smell or odor removal.
- Removal of material that has been affected by the smoke damage. We remove any contents that have been directly affected by the smoke damage. Soft goods can be dry cleaned to remove odor.
- Removing biohazard residues that can cause health problems. Soot and ash can cause health problems if left in the air. People with breathing issues, auto-immune diseases, older adults, and children are at a greater risk if exposed to ash and soot. General symptoms may include wheezing, bronchitis, cough, chest pain, inflammation, irregular heartbeat, and irritated eyes. If you are experiencing any of the above, please contact a health professional.
24/7 Same Day Service Emergency Response
Our fast emergency response technicians are available 24/7 so you are never left without the help you need. Let the disaster restoration experts handle it.
Commercial and Residential Fire Restoration and Smoke Cleanup
We handle every aspect of any kind of smoke damage restoration, without you coordinating different vendors for demolition, smoke deodorization, contents cleaning, or reconstruction.
Free Estimates and Scope of Work for Reconstruction Service
We provide estimates to rebuild your home and work closely with insurance agents, brokers, and adjusters to make sure the fire restoration process is smooth and hassle-free.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I file an insurance claim?
Filing an insurance claim is not always the best option. It is important to determine the scope of work before jumping the gun and filing a claim. There are certain steps you should take if you do decide to file a claim. Call Allied Restoration Services Inc. to inspect your property free of charge prior, to make the best-informed decision.
What should we do before we evacuate?
Before you evacuate due to orders from the city, you must:
- Close all windows and doors to prevent soot and ash from entering the property
- Turn OFF your air conditioner
- Lock all windows and doors to prevent vandalism. (Unfortunately, people are aware of long periods of vacancies and take advantage of these situations.)
- Take photos and videos of your property before you leave to document.
- Have a plan to evacuate. Know how you will get alerts and health warnings, including air quality reports. Know your evacuation routes and organize your important items ahead of time.
- Have enough food and medication on hand to last several days so you don’t have to go out for supplies.
What should I do If I return home and find my home in an unlivable condition?
Once you return, STOP and call an expert if you find any of the following:
- Strong odor of soot and smoke inside your home.
- Trails of soot and ash in your windowsills and doorways. TAKE PICTURES AND CALL BEFORE YOU CLEAN THESE AREAS even if you don’t plan on initially filing a claim.
- The outside of your home shows signs of soot and ash all over the walls and roof (your roof has vents and other openings that can allow smoke and soot to fill your attic unseen).
What should we do once we return home?
Upon returning home and finding your home still intact, here are some tips that will get you through the period of recovery:
- Stay inside with the doors and windows closed, especially if you’ve cleaned already.
- Use high-efficiency air conditioning filters to capture fine particles from smoke and change your filters every 2 weeks, then monthly for 4-6 months.
- Install an air purifying device in your air conditioning system that reduce smoke, allergens, pathogens, and smoke odors in the air, creating a healthier indoor environment without producing any harmful byproducts.
How can we improve the indoor air quality of the home?
Do not add to indoor air pollution. Avoid burning candles or using gas, propane, wood burning stoves, fireplaces, or aerosol sprays. All of these can increase air pollution indoors.
Use whole-house air cleaning devices to reduce indoor air pollution. A negative air machine creates a vacuum effect to extract contaminated air from the indoor environment. HEPA filters capture as small as .03 microns. This type of filter has been tested in labs and is proven to capture up to or more than 99.97% of air particles.
For small spaces, use portable indoor air cleaning devices sold in California that are certified by California Air Resources Board (CARB). Allied Restoration Services Inc. recommends only using air purifiers with HEPA filters. There are some expensive units offering unproven technologies
To rent an Air Scrubber, contact us today to learn more and get a quote.
What mask should I wear when entering my home?
Do not rely on dust masks or bandanas for protection from smoke. If you must be out in smoky conditions, an N95 mask is recommended for use, as they will catch the finer soot particles.
We Handle Disasters from Any Type of Emergencies
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Repairs
- Smoke Damage
- Smoke Odor Removal
- Wildfire Cleanup
- Soot Cleanup
- Property Cleaning
- Full Rebuilds and Repair
- Bio-Hazard Cleanup
- Air Purifying
- Air Quality Control
- HVAC Cleaning
- Duct Cleaning